Tuesday, April 3, 2018
In late January, Turkey started to invade Afrin in North-West Syria, as it wants to eradicate the self-governance of the Kurdish, Arab, Syriac-Assyrian and Turkmen peoples in The Federation of Northern Syria, and to destroy the Syrian Democratic Forces (which were responsible for defeating ISIS in North and East Syria, with help from the US and EU Member States). On the 9th of February we started our petition: Stop the Turkish attack against Afrin! Stop the massacre of civilians! Up to today, we have counted over 75.000 people across Europe who undersigned and support this petition which was send to the attention of:
- High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy - Ms Federica Mogherini
- NATO Secretary General - Mr Jens Stoltenberg
- Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the EU and NATO Member States
Ofcourse we know now, that the invasion and occupation of Afrin is a fact. In that sence the petition is "outdated". This petition can at the same time also be seen as a sign of significance: A large group of people from accros Europe shows that they don't accept these acts of occupation from a NATO member state and potential EU candidate country.
What will Sallux do with this petition?
The petition will be closed coming Monday 9th of April 12:00 CET. After the processing we will offer this petition to the EEAS representative we will meet on 11th of April, together with a Delegation of the DFNS which is in Europe to attend the high-level conference: A Future for democracy in Syria and several roundtables with representatives from EU bodies, Churches and NGO’s. The Delegation is headed by Co-President of the Federation, Sanharib Barsom and consists of delegated from different ethnical and religious background.
What can you do to support or keep supporting the Federation?
- Like, share, follow our FB, LI, Twitter and Youtube accounts
- Subscribe to our newsletter so we can inform you better
- Support our Fundraising campaign to create documentary movie about this grassroots : Culture of Freedom”.
- Share the information about the DFNS in your own network and community
- Contact us if you have questions firstname.lastname@example.org