When: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:00 - Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:30
Where: European Parliament, Brussels, Belgium
Registration for this event is possible: email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if an EP access badge is required!
Life after ISIS: Ensuring a safe return for persecuted minorities
April 26, 11:00-12:30
Room A1E1, European Parliament, Brussels
- Opening remarks: Peter van Dalen MEP (Host)
- Introduction of the Ensuring Equality report: Dr Russell Blacker
- Outline of the situation on the ground in Iraq:
- Mr Stephen Rasche (Assistant to Archbishop Warda of Irbil) (diocese of Irbil, Bushops Emergency Committee, ABP Ward, and coordinator of Aid and Rebuilding for the 150,000+ Christian IDPs)
- Howard Stern (ICC) works in Greece on behalf of traumatized Christians who have been threatened and attacked in UNHCR and migrant camps (including female and male rape) and his explosive video evidence of corrupt UNHCR translators who double as smugglers and who discriminate against Christians at the UNHCR registration centres.
- Andrew Methven AMAR - Yazidi situation - Chief of Staff, based in the London office. His responsibilities, as AMAR grows, are to lead the Staff Management Team, provide the link to the Board, and coordinate across the AMAR family, most importantly with the Field Team in Iraq. Andrew previously worked as Strategy & Commercial Director and Bid Team Leader for various International security firms, specialising in Iraq (including the Kurdistan Region), Afghanistan and Nigeria, and maritime security in the Indian Ocean and West Africa.
- Response from the EEAS: Guy Harrison – Desk officer for Iraq & GCC
- First response from the European Syriac Union: Martin Rhawi
- Q&A Session: Moderated by Peter van Dalen
- 12:30: PRESS CONFERENCE WITH BRANISLAV SKRIPEK MEP.Press conference in the European Parliament press centre booked and hosted by MEP Branislav Skripek (ECR/ECPM), followed by lunch.